An Employer of Record (EOR) is an organization that helps companies expand internationally by hiring and paying employees on behalf of another company. An EOR supports businesses with global hiring, employment contracts, payroll management, and employee benefits and compensation. Partnering with an EOR ensures compliance with local labor laws when hiring global team members.
However, not all employer of record services are created equal. If your EOR is giving you more hassle than peace of mind, you may be considering switching to a different provider. Some possible reasons include:
Whatever your reasons, this guide will walk you through the questions you need to consider before choosing a new EOR solution.
Ready to make the switch? Here’s what happens next.
Your Remofirst sales rep will set up a meeting with you to run through a side-by-side analysis of your current provider vs. Remofirst so you can see exactly what the benefits of switching will be.
Together, you will analyze:
1. Employment contracts
2. Benefits (before switching you need to make sure the benefits match or go above and beyond your previous provider’s)
3. Immigration support - if current entity is sponsoring your employees visa or work permit, you will want to ensure this can be transitioned smoothly to your new provider. Note* In some cases you may need to apply for a new visa or work permit, transfers are not always feasible.
4. Day-to-day operations, including:
5. Commercial terms, including:
Once the side-by-side analysis is complete, and in parallel to the Master Service Agreement (MSA) review, the Remofirst Sales and Customer Success teams will meet with you to plan a transfer timeline and strategy.
Elements to factor into the strategy include:
1. Internal communication to your employees and all of your company stakeholders e.g. line manager, HR, finance, legal…
2. Closing employment contracts with the previous employer, including:
3. Identifying the people in your team who will be responsible for the timeline of approvals during the onboarding process. This includes:
4. Determining start dates for all employees - this will ensure that you don’t miss a pay period for an employee
5. Determining validity of any insurance and/or identifying any ongoing claim processes.
6. Establishing processes for any immigration issues identified during the initial analysis.
7. Setting initial invoicing cycles to secure first payroll.
At this point, the strategy is ready and platform activations will take place to start drafting employment agreements with Remofirst.
First, the Customer Support team will provide a summary of all contract drafts and final employment costs for your review and approval.
Next, we hold an introductory meeting with all affected employees to outline the process and explain what their new employment conditions will be.
Once you confirm approval of the contracts and benefits, Remofirst will issue new agreements to your employees for their review and signature.
Remofirst is a global EOR solution that specializes in assisting businesses with international hiring. When you switch to Remofirst, we’ll guide you through the process so you can start enjoying the benefits of partnering with us as quickly as possible. Those benefits include:
If your current EOR service provider isn’t fulfilling your company’s needs, Remofirst can help. Book a demo with the Remofirst team to find out more about making the switch and how we can help you hire top talent all over the world.
For more information about what to look for in an EOR service provider, check out the top benefits your EOR services should provide.